Sunday, December 1, 2013

Right now you're thinking to yourself, "What the hell is Pawn Shop Chronicles?" Well I just watched it and I'm still thinking that. In case you live under a rock or get all your information via carrier pigeon you have probably heard the tragic news by now. Actor Paul Walker has passed away at the age of 40. And as if it wasn't bad enough to die relatively early in life. In a stroke of cruel irony he was killed by what brought him most of his fame and fortune. The actor primarily known for his car movies was killed in a car crash. In all seriousness my deepest sympathies go out to all his family, friends and fans. And in memory of Mr. Walker today I decided to watch Pawn Shop Chronicles. Probably not the best idea. Especially after the weird feeling I got when there was a scene in which his character is screaming in an out of control vehicle. But I hope his spirit somehow picks up on my attempt to honor his life. And I hope wherever he is now he is at peace. Which is my hope for all of us when we pass. But unfortunately no amount of hoping will save this movie in my opinion. This is like the movie crash with all the characters paths finding abstract ways to intersect, while on meth. Think Spun, only bad. Now you're starting to get the picture. But I think what bothers me most about the movie is the tonal shifts. It's dark throughout. But it starts comical dark then gets really dark then ends kind of comical again. Why the gross middle? And who the hell is Elijah Wood's agent? I'm really starting to think he only takes roles that answer yes to the question will I be a creepy murderer rapist type? So if you wanna honor Paul Walker's work have a Fast and Furious marathon or treat yourself to some Jessica Alba and Into The Blue. Because this isn't how you want to remember him. Hopefully his movie in post production will do him more justice if it is released. This however Don't See. Trailer IMDB 

0 comments :

Post a Comment