Monday, December 30, 2013

I got to see Anchorman 2 today! I went for three reasons. A. because I really wanted to see it. B. I have movie gift cards. And C. so I could finally say "here you got my money now fucking please stop promoting this goddam movie!" I know that sounds a little harsh. But to be honest I don't think even chicks in labor have pushed something this hard. For a second I was starting to think it took so long for them to make the sequel because Will Ferrell spent the last nine years building a teleportation device. It seemed like the last couple months everywhere you turned that mustached asshole with salon quality hair was there selling his ass off. But sadly after almost a decade, I think too much time had passed, and too much anticipation had built for this movie to even stand a chance of meeting expectations. But that didn't stop them from giving it the old college try. And by college try I mean they called in every favor they could, which made for the most cameos a film has seen since the infamous Movie 43. I'm sure by now you are saying to yourself, "Damn this guy must have a frige full of haterade." Well you're wrong, thanks to Whole Foods at the moment it's currently full of tofu. But spongy soy milk byproduct aside I want to set the record straight and let you know I love this franchise as much as Brick loves lamp. Anchorman(2) and I are in love and I don't care who knows it! So no it isn't the second coming that everyone had hoped it would be. But as with every Will Ferrell movie, it may not be great but at some point you're gonna laugh until eyes tear up and a little pee comes out. So strap on the depends, assemble the news team and head to the theater. Should See. Did you see it yet? What line made you laugh the hardest? Trailer IMDB

0 comments :

Post a Comment