Friday, February 7, 2014


  I fucking loved this movie!

  How's that for an attention grabbing opener that let's the reader know how you feel. Suck it 9th grade English teacher that hated all my essays!

  To be painfully honest it's really hard for me to watch this series , or anything with Jennifer Lawrence really because she reminds me of a girl I used to know, biblically. Maybe that's why I didn't like American Hustle so much. Furthermore, on top of the physical reminders, when I and said girl were living together the last books I remember seeing on her nightstand were Hunger Games. But personal history be damned, I had to get through this one because of my tradition of viewing movies to honor the recently deceased. So I sucked it up, put on my big boy pants and pressed play to pay my respects to the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman.

  I am so glad I did too because this movie is awesome!

  Having not read the books, I saw the first one and immediately wrote it off as twilight-esque teenage bullshit. But it's truly amazing what Francis Lawrence (no relation) did with this chapter as opposed to Gary Ross' first. And thanks to Lawrence I am now (can't believe I'm saying this) really excited to see the last two.

  As for Mr. Hoffman, his role is a little subdued, in his defense that is what the role called for. But as with everything he does there is an intensity and seriousness that let's you know he is not fucking around and that he is very passionate about acting. But sadly that is now turns to was and another famous flame no longer burns. But while it did it was warm and beautiful and a treasure to behold. Thank you for choosing art and not some bullshit desk job Mr. Hoffman. May you find the peace in death that eluded you in life. With all my heart, from one tortured soul to another, goodnight. Love, Roy

  On a lighter note for those of us who are forced to press on through this mortal coil. Go see this film! It is light years better than the first in my opinion. The intensity you expected is actually present. Must See. Did you catch on fire yet? Did you like it? Let me know what you thought. Trailer IMDB

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment