Tuesday, December 17, 2013

In this installment of movies I had no intention of seeing but my life is so boring I did anyway (the marketing guys tell me that name is too long but what do they know) I watched Now You See Me a magician heist film. Now there's three words I never thought I would use in that succession. Quick question did you watch Ocean's Eleven and say to yourself "Damn I would've loved this if they would of used lesser known actors and just made the whole thing about magic."? If so A, you are pretty weird and have very specific interests and B let me be the first to congratulate you because your prayers have been answered in the form of this movie. I feel like I use that say to yourself prayers joke a lot if anyone wants to send me new material I will gladly use it. Mine's staler than a prehistoric potato chip, see! Anywho, I said I didn't want to see this movie and I meant it. Partly because it seemed like a stereotypical heist movie and mostly because of Jesse Eisenberg. They say when you have a problem with someone else that it's really just some hidden issue you have with yourself. Well then I have a really big fucking problem with this guy Roy because for some reason I can't stand Jesse. You'll get no Mr. Eisenberg from me good sir. Classy dis. I think it has to do with what I touched on with Aubrey Plaza. But she's at least pretty so he is just totally screwed in my book. But it doesn't matter what I think because he keeps getting cast. And speaking of cast they were smart in this one because they cast someone who has proven to work well with him, Woody Harrelson. They played off each other brilliantly in Zombieland. And while lightning didn't strike twice in this film it came pretty close a few times. Woody Harrelson is amazing and I would just like to take this time to say thank you to him for all his work especially Kingpin. You wanna see something magical go watch that shit! So speaking of, yeah the magic theme is pretty ridiculous. But honestly it did make me realize halfway through the film how truly similar movies and magic are. There is even the saying "movie magic". Both are fields of entertainment that use showmanship, deception and misdirection in an attempt to thrill an audience while sneaking a little cash out of their pockets or a lot of cash in some cases. And I am thankful I wasn't robbed of my dwindling dollars and limited time on this earth by watching this. But don't expect a big reward either. It's just one of those rides where you get off saying you were glad you waited in line but don't need to get in line again for it. Oh yeah magic metaphors for this one... uh if you watch this you won't feel like you're being sawed in half. Plus you'll wanna see this one before you see Now You Don't. No but seriously they are making a sequel already. In the end I think I would prefer watching The Town and then The Prestige instead of some weird mashup of the two. But this one still has enough, say it with me kids, magic, to dazzle you. Should See. Let me know what you thought. Trailer IMDB

0 comments :

Post a Comment