Thursday, December 5, 2013

Who here likes talking? Follow-up question, who here likes listening to talking? Well if you answered yes to either it looks like I found your jam. You're welcome. Now if you were to ask me those questions my very quick and short response would be no and no. But for some reason I liked this movie. Oh my god it happened. I got old! Great now what am I supposed to do, grown up stuff? F that noise. No but seriously liking these indies is starting to scare me. Quick somebody get me a copy of Transformers 2! I'm joking, please don't. As you can tell ADD is no joke you guys. Back to biz. Drinking Buddies stars Olivia Wilde and Jake M. Johnson who are work friends at a brewery who moonlight as you guessed it, drinking buddies. And the movie follows the progression of their friendship as the characters go through everyday life and the relationships there in. Sounds exciting huh? It's not, but the film is so believable you follow the characters to the very end like it's an edge of your seat thriller. I think that is in thanks to writer/director Joe Swanberg's decision to have a majority of the dialogue improvised. The actors even drank real beer in the scenes and worked at the brewery where it was shot. Shit if that isn't method I don't know what is. But it was well worth it because the end result is one of authenticity. So if you like character driven, heavy dialogue indies. Or just want an excuse to remaniss about your old drinking days like me. You got a friend in drinking buddies. Sorry couldn't resist. Should See. Trailer IMDB

0 comments :

Post a Comment