Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Larry David everyone's favorite two first name having curmudgeon is back. This time in the HBO movie Clear History. It debuted back in August but has now made its way to DVD. You would think that with a name like Clear History and the way they did the titles that this movie would be more computer oriented. But it's actually about a guy who leaves a car company right before it takes off. Making everyone involved rich as hell except for our protagonist. Now the story is original but our balding minutiae loving friend Mr. David is not. And that isn't a bad thing. It's just that you're pretty much getting an extended Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. This time just with different pawns on the chess board. Does that metaphor make me sound smart? I hope so. I need all the help I can get. Anywho, back to the chess pieces. I don't know when Hollywood is going to learn that cramming a bunch of well knowns into a film isn't going to make it a hit. But that fact aside, I enjoyed this ensemble cast. My favorite was Michael Keaton. His character had a gruff voice and there were a few times he let a little Beetlejuice slip out. Maybe he's practicing for the rumored sequel. Fingers crossed. So if you like Larry David you will love this one. If you don't you might get a chuckle or two but I make no garauntees. So this one was close but it just squeaked by, like me on my driving test. Ended with a car reference. Nailed it! Should See. Trailer IMDB

0 comments :

Post a Comment