Monday, December 2, 2013

This one goes out to all my blokes and birds across the pond. I watched Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa starring Steve Coogan, who's real name is John by the way. Why would you go from John to Steve? Was John just too plain and Steve had that exotic allure you had been dying for all along? I guees that's neither here nor there because today we are here to talk about another boring male name, Alan. I watched this under the impression that this was Mr. Partridge's first appearance to the world. But it turns out he is one of Coogan's most famous characters. Already having stage shows, a TV show and TV movie. So I apologize to the die hards in the United Kingdom for my ignorance. I am sure you had a much different viewing experience than me. But I am happy to say mine was more or less a positive one. This story finds Partridge a delusional, self absorbed, awkward situation inducing radio DJ as an unwilling hostage negotiator. The gun toting captor who he must keep calm is his coworker he may have gotten fired. And wouldn't you know it with a premise like that hijinks ensue. I don't know about you but I did not see that coming. While I wasn't rolling in the aisles with laughter, probably because I have an aisle-less bedroom, it did keep me chuckling enough to carry me across the finish line. I just wish I could go one Steve Coogan movie without seeing him naked. I think this is three times now. Definitely not the charm but luckily this movie still has enough to earn it a Should See. Trailer IMDB

0 comments :

Post a Comment