Saturday, November 30, 2013

Don't call it a comeback! Today's word boys and girls is redemption. I don't know if it's because it's a perfect storm of subject matter I can relate to. Or maybe just coming off my last movie I had nowhere to go but up really. Or if it's just that damn good. But either way I don't really care because I'm lazy and I'm not gonna analyze that deep. All I know is that The Kings of Summer is the cat's pajamas! I think that's what the kids are saying nowadays but I could be mistaken. Let me put it more poetically this movie is fucking great! The acting, writing, cinematography, music, everything! This Lord of the Flies-esque dramedy snuck under the radar with just a limited release. And I think that's great because I look at it as an award. An award for avid movie watchers like you and I who have to sift through a lot of shit to find a gem like this. So it makes it that much sweeter. So thank you shit movies. Now if your a stickler of hyper realism you are going to have deal with a little fantasy. My favorite being comparing the way these teenagers conversed to the way my friends and I did. If you used any word over two syllables you were declared "gay". And we certainly could not construct an insulated house that slept 6 comfortably. And on the other side of the coin if you just want fart jokes or explosions you are going do have to deal with a little substance. This movie will hit you in the proverbial feels a couple times. So if you hate salty clear liquid on your cheeks tread lightly with this one. But if you can settle down in the middle of the two. I promise you will feel so good you don't wanna leave à la ludacris style. Thank you The Kings of Summer for redeeming the art of good movie making. In case you were uncertain of where I stand on this movie, I rate it a must see. Trailer IMDB 

0 comments :

Post a Comment