Sunday, February 9, 2014


  Dear Allan Stewart Konigsberg, GO FUCK YOURSELF!

 That's what a tiny part of me wants to say. But my sensible half reminds me that it is just a movie and commends you Mr. Allen on a well made film. Plus I think the media is giving you enough shit so I'll take it easy. You're welcome.

  Blue Jasmine is a story about a woman who undesirably has to hit the reset button on her opulent life. According to a lot of people it's just an updated version of A Streetcar Named Desire if that helps.

  The movie stars a lot of people but you only need to know one name really and that is Cate Blanchett. While everyone's performance is earthly her's is sublimely "Stella!" See what I did there? But seriously I think everyone could've just stayed home on this one because Ms. Blanchett and her descent constantly steal the show. Close runner up goes to Alec Baldwin who plays a douchebag. A role he was born to play. Sorry Alec couldn't resist. And it was great to see the diceman and Louie represent for the comedians.

  So why did I start this review the way I did? Well I am not a woman nor a millionaire but my plight definitely resembles Jasmine's. And the ending is truly one of my worst fears. This movie was a real mirror to me. And sometimes one of the scariest things to do is to truly look at yourself. Thanks a lot Woody you dick! lol. I do however applaud the fact that someone known for their neuroses made such an honest film with such a brave ending. Should See. But enough psychobabble, what did you think? Bueno? No bueno? Trailer IMDB

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment