Thursday, February 6, 2014

  I saw this film in theaters a couple weeks ago and I'm still unsure what the fuck I was supposed to feel! "Oooh you said a bad word, I'm telling." Go ahead you little Narc. lol what the hell is wrong with me? Moving on....

  My sister and father insisted on seeing this movie. And fearing further falling into the bottomless pit known as misanthropy I very reluctantly said yes. Not a big crime drama guy.

  To my surprise I left more confused than anything. The film had me scared, sad, angry, uninterested, gripped, and at numerous times doubled over in laughter. Laughter I'm not entirely sure was intentional. To extrapolate I'm not entirely sure of any intention. It is great when a movie makes you feel different things but it's best in my opinion when there is an obvious underlying tone.

  American Hustle to it's credit has a stellar cast giving solid performances; along with a great story partially based on actual events. Which made me laugh with how I was informed of this fact. At the beginning the screen reads "some of this actually happened." Which I think is the perfect way of putting it. This based on a true story business is getting a little out of hand nowadays.

  Ultimately I thought it was good but I definitely didn't drink the kool-aid everyone else did. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had a point and wasn't just a weird period piece/character study. Or if I just did some blow in the bathroom of Studio 54. But here in 2014 I didn't really get it. Should See. What are your thoughts? Trailer IMDB

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment