Friday, January 31, 2014


  I liked it better when it was Life of Pi and not life of some guy! 

  Just kidding Sundance, I couldn't help it given the obvious similarities. The main one being they are both great movies.
Another feature that rings for both bells is the debate that sparks after watching them. But with All Is Lost it is only the ending really that is debatable. Sometimes the symbolism vs. reality thing really pisses me off but I lovingly embraced it here.

  I also really enjoyed All Is Lost's minimalism. There are hardly any words or music; and only one actor, Robert Redford, in pretty much one setting. So the fact that I and a lot of others enjoyed it speaks volumes as to how good it is. Also I took it as a necessary big middle finger to the blockbusters that just blow shit up every two seconds. Don't get me wrong I love blockbusters. But you're demeaning our intelligence by giving us just that and thinking it trumps quality, /rant.

  Are you are really into sailing? Then prepare yourself for a really big boat boner! There was a lot of stuff in the movie about sailing, and owning a boat and safety precautions that I found interesting. Mainly because everything I know about the nautical arts I learned from the rap songs "I'm on a boat" and "Boats and hoes". It was cool for a land lover like me to get a glimpse of the sea dog life.

  So if you are a Robert Redford fan, a nautical enthusiast or just a lover of good movies I recommend this. Should See. What did you think of the ending? What's your verdict? Trailer IMDB


0 comments :

Post a Comment