Monday, February 10, 2014

  
Girl power movie, thumbs up! Comedians being serious, in the words of a great man "I wish I had more hands so I could give those titties four thumbs down!"

  Seriously though I knew something was up the second I saw Nick Offerman without a mustache. If that isn't a red flag I don't know what is. While watching this I kept thinking of Funny People. Where everything tells you "oh this is gonna be hilarious." Even the title practically spells it out for you. You sit down with your adult diapers on fully ready to piss yourself from laughter, but you are bumrushed with a shit ton of drama. Not cool bro.

  But I have to hand it to Lake Bell for working so hard to get this film made. And I love the plot. Voiceover work is something that really intrigues me. And when it comes to trailers it is pretty male dominated. So this is a very creative way of blowing the whistle on the industry.

  I'm tempted to say Don't See because I was expecting a more comedic tone. But the original plot and female empowerment this movie provides brings me back to the Should See side. What side do you fall under? Trailer IMDB

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment