Thursday, February 20, 2014


"Everything is awesome" this movie included!

  Lego Movie has the emotion of an adult with the humor of a child. Which pretty sums my entire life up with one sentence. No wonder I liked it so much. So come for the Legos and stay for the life lessons kiddies.

  This film is quite the potluck. It has a million different pop culture references. And a million different famous voices to boot. At times with all the stuff going on it felt a little too ADHD for me, further proving my theory I am getting old. But that sad fact aside it was still a sight to behold. Even though 80% was done on the computer it's still impressive, everything really is Lego!

  The whole time I was watching this I kept thinking of the pitch meeting. The guy must've said something along the lines of, okay picture The Matrix, but for kids, and made entirely out of Lego. An asininely ambitious hurdle to reach but one the film surprisingly clears.

  At first the ADHD factor made me want to classify this as a Should See. But the underlying themes, that I find incredibly important in living as a human being, culminated in an extremely touching and powerful ending that conjured up memories of The Iron Giant and other great films and nudged it into the land of Must See. Not a bad start to my 2014 movie viewing odyssey. What are your thoughts? Trailer IMDB

0 comments :

Post a Comment