Saturday, November 30, 2013

It's Black Friday and we all know what a fucking joke that is. So I thought it would be appropriate to watch a comedy. But the joke was on me because I watched The To Do List. Yes that was dumb. Yes I feel dumb for saying it. Moving on. The film stars the one trick pony Aubrey Plaza. Actually in this film she does a lot of tricks. But I am referring to the fact that if you've seen one A.P. performance you've seen 'em all. Yeah we get it, you're dry. Well according to her character in this movie she is anything but. Man I am coming strong with the innuendo tonight. We all love that "I'm better than everybody and dead on the inside" act on Parks and Recreation but not in everything. But I'm sure Ms. Plaza is lovely in real life. I'm just not sold on her as a lead. But I get why she was cast. A strong independent woman directing a strong independent woman playing a, say it with me strong independent woman. Good, that will be on the final. This movie is all about girl power. And I love that. We need more of that. But I just think it could've been done better. But there are some bright spots in this cumming of age teen comedy I guess. My man Bill Hader is in this. And it's ironic that he plays a guy who can't swim because he is the only thing that keeps this flick afloat in my opinion. But he and a bunch of other great players are underutilized in this. Mostly Donald Glover which is a shame because I heard he is quitting comedy, literally. You just don't hire a bunch of super funny people and then give them nothing funny to say. So long story short is this the worst movie I've ever seen? hell no. But I have been dying to say this and I think I should strike while the iron's lame. Don't see. Trailer IMDB

1 comment :