Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Have you ever not seen someone in say twenty years, since they were a kid? Yes? Well did you then all of a sudden see said person not only grown up but also fully nude for the better part of two hours? Yeah that's what I thought. Well if you want to change that then watch this movie. And for the one guy going "eww I don't want to see Michael Cera's dong!" I am referring to the girl pictured next to him, Gaby Hoffmann. Yeah you heard right that cute little girl from Uncle Buck is all grow'd up. I'm sorry for the spoiler but I am trying to get you prepared so it doesn't distract you throughout the rest of the movie like it did me. But despite her birthday suit wardrobe Ms. Hoffmann, which sadly is what I'll be calling her from now on, gives an awesome performance. And Michael Cera, who I will never call Mr. Cera for obvious reasons, pulls his weight too. I was impressed with how he was able to play an asshole but never cross the invisible line where you write him off completely. But that's probably due to the fact that he'll forever look like he's eleven. Either way he gives a solid runner up performance to Ms. Hoffmann. But the best part about this movie is definitely the Silva clan. Sebastian directed it about a similar story that happened to him. And his three younger brothers Juan, Jose and Agustin star in it. Thank god for Agustin I was starting to sound like a racist pulling names out of a hat. Anywho the three amigos are actor-os great-os. Now that's racist. Their characters are so damn sweet and warm. I hope they are the same off screen. This one is a little too indie for my taste. But for an almost entirely unscripted movie shot in Chile over twelve days while Cera was waiting to make another movie. It is way better than you would expect. Winning it a Should See. Now if you'll excuse me I'm headed to the beach to do some mescaline. Trailer IMDB

0 comments :

Post a Comment